Thursday, November 20, 2014

Gratitude

Stop - Reflect - Appreciate Life - Seek Balance - Be Grateful



Gratitude, a small package of warmth
reaching open hearts, minds, and life-
a simple thank you, kind nod, no strife.

Gratitude, grateful moments shared- 
connections made, a bond,
an offering, a gesture, a link found.

Gratitude for those on earth
and the Loving Spirit guiding above
who provides eternal wisdom, love. 

2014 Carol Varsalona ©All Rights Reserved


Grateful for Psalm 121, A Song of Ascents, that allows me 
to walk my journey in faith with thanksgiving for life.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-


Gratitude - Nicole Nordeman

While wrapping up this post, I happened to find a Twitter chat group, #ToolkitTalk, that values family traditions and serenity. There I found a tweet that led me to a site, elementofgratitude.org, where you can create and send a shareable gratitude gram. Being curious I strolled over to the site and created my first shareable message for the Gratitude Wall on the site. Here is my first attempt:

The Divine Maker provides the wonder, the beauty, 
the stillness, and a call to action.

Holly Mueller the host of Spiritual Journey Thursday has brought attention to our call to act each week as carriers of faith and wonder. This week's topic is gratitude, quite appropriate in light of the Thanksgiving holiday that is approaching. You can view other perspectives on gratitude here.



May your Thanksgiving holiday be filled with heartfelt gratitude for family, friends, life, and learning. Don't forget to create your own shareable gratitude gram for family and friends to show what you are grateful for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment