Friday, May 15, 2015

Writer's Voice

As I begin to open a site for eduheroes to raise their voices as a collective body of practitioners, I search for quotes and poems that would give validity to the power of voice. 

Below is a sampling of what I found. 

Sylvia Plath, in Letters Home, writes:

I write only because
There is a voice within me
That will not be still.

Tom Romano, in his article, The Power of Voice, states, 

To become accomplished writers, students must do more than master grammar, spelling, and punctuation. They must develop a presence on the page.

Shel Silverstein wrote a poem titled The Voice,

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teachers, preacher, parent, friend.
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you-just listen to
The Voice that speaks inside.

These led me to create my own thought. 


Please visit Poetry Friday that is being hosted by Diane Mayr at Random Noodling. She is rounding up all Poetry Pardners but first provides us with a short poem of her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment