Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Leaving a Legacy of Positivity



It is always a good idea to start the morning off with a shot of positivity. This morning I read Jon Gordon's 5 Ways to Leave a LegacyThe post provided me with just the right wake-up message. Last week, I wrote about Leaving a Legacy for the Spiritual Journey Thursday community. Since the topic is being revisited, I decided to concentrate on the development of a pathway to positivity. With a strong passion for life. perhaps my thoughts will encourage others on their journey. While Gordon discusses the four legacies to leave in life: legacies of excellence, encouragement, purpose, and love, he also encourages everyone to create their own.  

As we lead our lives, we directly or indirectly create a legacy. What it will be depends on our personal journey. Gordon highlights a memorable line from St. Francis of Assisi that brings me back to my elementary school days with the Franciscan nuns. "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our preaching is our walking." The quote links to a mantra that has led my teaching career: You need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. To support this lifestyle, a morning thought by St. Francis will direct my future days: "Lord make me an instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy."

Leaving a legacy starts with leading a life of positivity. It is my intention to use positive "people skills," such as reflecting, listening, collaborating, and sharing to develop a pathway to positivity. 


Think Good Thoughts

Let your life be filled with the sounds of spring, 
the renewal of being, and an abundant mindset.



***************************************

Please visit Spiritual Journey Thursday where Holly Mueller will greet you and call in bloggers to discuss the topic of leaving a legacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment