Monday, November 16, 2015

Celebrating Gratitude

On quiet walks, see the beauty,
hear crunching steps,
REFLECT on gifts
bestowed.

November fills hearts with gratitude.


I celebrate all that life and learning offers us this November day, recalling a week of positive happenings: 
  • Gratitude Week 
  • Facilitating a workshop on transforming writing lives
  • Traveling to a conference with a friend
  • Returning home to family
  • Fundraising for H.E.L.P. Uganda at my parish

To continue being positive, I am gearing up for a roundtable presentation at the National Council of Teachers of English Conference in Minneapolis and am giddy with excitement. NCTE 15 promises to be another high-powered conference for literacy educators. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to facilitate a new experience for my team of eight from across the United States.

I begin the week by embracing positivity, even when challenges occur. I shall walk in the light, not the shadows because gratitude is not just a thought but an attitude to live life by.

This post is dedicated to:
  • Ruth Ayres' Celebrate This Week community where the spirit of positivity lives
  • #CelebrateMonday and #MondayMotivation on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment