Thursday, November 5, 2015

Homeward

October turned a corner, allowing November to stroll in with beautiful Indian Summer days of record-breaking warm temperatures and golden hues. An attitude of gratitude for these wonderful days sweeps the air and my thoughts fast forward to Thanksgiving when the family comes homeward bound. 

I pause for a moment to think about the phrase, Home is where the heart is. The words are meaningful for home is not an ordinary place. Home goes beyond a physical residence. While in my daily routine, I may forget the specialness of home, I value it as a holder of a lifetime of memories and emotions. Home is the place where family coming together to reconnect, share moments, and honor traditions. 

Preparations for family members greeting each other at the gathering table on Thanksgiving begin today. My family will travel to Central New York to celebrate the traditional feast of Thanksgiving. While the air may be crisper there than on Long Island and a snowflake may fall, home is where the heart is. I anticipate this gathering and hope to savor each moment with family knowing that an attitude of gratitude for all that home represents will preside at the table.

While listening to the song "Homeward Bound" by BYU Focal Point, I linger over the first stanza and know that the calling to be homeward bound is strong. 

In the quiet misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing, 
I'll be homeward bound again.

I offer this digital inspiration to my family in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday.


By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3-4

I will remember to treasure the riches of home
as I head homeward bound for Thanksgiving. 

You will enjoy listening to the angelic voices of Homeward Bound. 


Be blessed today as you start preparing for the Thanksgiving gathering.

Today is #ThankfulThursday and Holly Mueller asks our Spiritual Journey Thursday community to blog about a topic each week. Today we are discussing home. Please visit SJT here



#K12ArtChallenge is celebrating gratitude this month. 
The theme of the challenge is family.


I dedicate this post to both blogging communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment