Monday, February 8, 2016

500th Post Celebration


Within the realm of connected education, doors open daily to enhanced digital learning and engaging conversations with supportive colleagues. Thoughts bounce across the universe in asynchronous time laying a foundation for a journey filled with wonder. Beyond the comfort zone, I gingerly walk. Sudden spurts of creativity are released through reflections, Twitter conversations, creative challenges, and readings. Daily, I harness the wonder of life's observations, noticings, and questions to channel my inner voice to weave words into soft streams of positivity. Within sanctuaries of stilled thought that I search for, I ponder, muse, and create. 

Ardently, I have heeded advice to write daily. Whether the words are polished or not does not matter. They are there on a page, in a digital portfolio, digital journal, or photo/poem composition for me to hone my craft. With passion for language and the power of poetry, I listen and learn among other writers in various digital communities that I am a member. I encourage others to find their voice and model the process for their learners or children as a means of empowerment.

Continuing my daily writing practice has led to this 500th post, a first milestone of my digital journey. Through connected conversations, creative challenges, and learning, I continue to unravel the mystery of life and literacy to affect change in my small section of the world. Join me as I grapple with the following quizzical digital photo prompt to convey meaning as I see it in my mind's eye.  

Day 8 Photo Prompt for Laura Shovan's
2016 Found Object Poem Project 

Photo submitted by Diane Mayr

I lie among the shadows of mid-day sun
professing nothing, just residing
with body buried deep within a barren land.
You question what lies beyond my half-smirk,
my reckless abandonment of wholeness.

Half-truths, broken thoughts buried alongside me
within the shadowed forest search no more
for the stillness awakens wonder.

I ask nothing more than you open my eyes,
freeing my soul to continue pondering 
the fullness of life in the vast expanse of universe.
©Carol Varsalona, 2016

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.  ~Neil Armstrong


Laura Shovan's 2016 Found Object Poem Project to read the varied responses to the above Day 8 photo prompt and see what is in store for this week. 

In addition, please consider sharing your creativity via my upcoming digital gallery of artistic expressions, Winter Wanderings. You can access the invitation here

Lastly, on February 21, 2016 at 9:00 pm EST on Twitter I will guest moderate the #ISTELitChat on the Power of Poetry. Please join the moderator Michele Haiken, guest poet Laura Purdie Salas, and me for an opportunity to let voice fill the Twittersphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment