Monday, February 22, 2016

Daily Writing Workout


Day 22 Prompt #foundobjectpoem
contributed by Buffy Silverman

hidden on a tree
game playing with predators
camouflage ante
©CVarsalona, 2016 

A look backwards to Day 1 of Laura Shovan's Found Object Poem Project- 
you can read about the project here.

Since I did not create a poem for this mysterious box, I wanted to add my thoughts. The poem below is based on my knowledge of a antique box in my house.


delicate lacy treasures 
graced my lining decades ago
when ladies' gloves were in vogue-
some partner boxes carved 
with etchings were showpieces-
mine was rough-hewn,
dovetailed, and sturdy
suitable for travel-
a proud bearer 
of a treasure
in time
©CVarsalona, 2016 

Day 21 Prompt
submitted by Jone MacCulloch

Giddy-up Delight

Tiny, old-fashioned ponies
tethered to a ring
grace the streets of Portland
as a usual thing.
Bemused by horsey antics
on the streets of town
I thought of childhood memories
and carousels renowned.
©CVarsalona, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment