Thursday, February 25, 2016

Mindfulness

On the journey of life, choosing a path of positivity opens channels of mindfulness: living in the moment, savoring the beauty of the earth and the wisdom of ages.  


What if we practiced mindfulness with purposeful intent, would we find beauty in  nature and peacefulness? 


Perhaps we need to:


Mindfulness allows our eyes to see the richness of nature.
It brings joy to those whose hearts are filled with faith.

for now the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth
the time of singing has come
and the voice of the turtle-dove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs,
and the vines are in blossom;
they give forth a fragrance.
Song of Solomon 2:11-13


Taking the above quotes that I created digital inspirations with Quozio, I blacked out some words to create a new poem. For the digital composition I used my iPhone camera and the PicMonkey app.


I am sharing my thoughts on Violet Nesdoly's one little word, mindfulness, at Spiritual Journey Thursday, a community under the leadership of Holly Mueller. During the past weeks, my writing partners and I have explored the spiritual aspect of each other's one little words. 

Mindfulness is a practice of living in the moment. It can be applied to life, learning, and community involvement. My goal for this week is to be mindful of how I communicate so that I can live a faith-filled week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment