Sunday, March 13, 2016

Transitions

In this season of fluctuation, winter showed its many faces as it moved from varied weather patterns. Around the world, voice rose in tune with the fluctuations. Nature's movement from one scene to another, created an opportunity for a flow of thoughts to showcase winter's changes in my upcoming gallery, Winter Wanderings.

As I created a draft of the photo corner for the gallery, I listened to the creative training team at the Apple store and tried to gracefully transition one slide to the next. You can see the draft of the photo corner here. Since I am slowing designing the gallery, I am interested in transitioning the process from my draft to a formal public viewing. 

Transitions are the dabs of glue needed to make the vision connect with the content.

A How To Poem on Transitioning



First, capture a big idea.
Winter wandered in and out-
a season of fluctuation.

For example:
From winter white

    
to quasi-spring


a contrast unfolded.

Accordingly, moods changed
as whimsical Nature presented
her perpetual calling cards.

Equally important, Nature's beauty
reigned throughout the days

so writers wrote while 
     photographers captured highlights.

In a word, inspiration rose
from voices lingering in
winter's savored moments.


To have voice flow, transition words are needed. 
In the above poem, I used some transition words to create fluidity of thought. 

 In the classroom, student voice is enhanced through the use of transition words. 

This brief video provides an engaging example that can be used as an introduction to transition words.



In your digital classroom, how do you teach students to include transitions in their storytelling or poetry?

DigiLit Sunday
Today, I am writing on the topic of transitions for DigiLit Sunday under the leadership of Margaret Simon. She has invited the Two Writing Teachers' March SOLSC community to join in. 

This post marks the thirteenth one of my Clearing A Path series for the March SOLSC. In this piece, I have created a transition that will passionately get me back into the task of organizing the offerings that have come in for my upcoming gallery, Winter Wanderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment