Sunday, April 10, 2016

Celebrating a Poetryliscious Week

With the start of Poetry Month, the creative side of life has surrounded me. Being inspired by Wordsworth's quote on the power of poetry, I designed the following as a reminder of the voice inside that is calling me to write. 

Let me count the ways that I filled my digital journal. 

-I unveiled my newest gallery, Winter Wanderings with its collection of poetry, photographs, quotes, and music. You can access it here

-Along with this endeavor, I wrote poetry alongside others. My recent poems can be seen at my Poetry Friday post here

-I created a hashtag, #SpringsSeeds, for the upcoming gallery that I will send an invitation out soon.

-Today, I joined the Long Island Connected Educators Summit at Howitt Middle School in Farmingdale where my co-moderators and I kicked off the conference with a live #NYEDChat. That was followed by a presentation, Discovering Wonder and Joy Through Inquiry via Family Literacy, with my colleague, Blanca Duarte. 

 Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.01.39 PM.png
 
As the night was winding down and the family was binge watching House of Cards, I chipped my front tooth on a pistachio nut. At first I was in shock that this happened. Then, I called my dentist who said that he could not see me until Tuesday when he returns to work. Being upset I did what I usually do when I need to distract my mind from issues and problems, I create. I could have composed a quirky, short poem about the loss of a front tooth but I decided to write this post instead. The poem can come later during the week. 

Each week, Ruth Ayres invites bloggers to write about the celebrations that they enjoyed. Outside of chipping my tooth and having allergy reactions that left my eyes watering, the week was a poetryliscious one. Being positive does have its perks!

Celebrate This WeekPlease visit Celebrate This Week to read how others in Ruth Ayres' blogging community celebrated their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment