Friday, March 31, 2017

March Musings 31: The Muse Visits


March swept by in a flurry of transitional weather patterns as I sliced for thirty days. Being preoccupied by the professional development training I facilitated today, I planned a late afternoon slice but plans sometimes do not come to be. Exhausted from a day of constant interaction and brain fired up, I immediately fell into a dreamy state when I returned home. 


The countdown begins. 

I race against time as
Winter melts into spring,
Laying a blanket of cool March air
Upon a mattress of recollection. 
The heavy drip drop of rain
Lulls me into an afternoon doze.
I snuggle up with visions of slices 
Passing by in an endless stream.
Within the layers of hazy sleep,
Thirty pieces of short writing
Collect and swirl, floating in air.
In a half-wake state, I see her.
Adorned in golden text, she guides 
My hand to create one more slice.
A month-long challenge may end;
Seasons transition BUT
Writing continues.
©CVarsalona, 2017


























Four hours later, I present my thirty-first slice in a series titled March Musings for Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Story Challenge. 

I am thankful for the TWT Writing Team: Betsy, Beth, Deb, Kathleen, Lanny, Lisa, Melanie, led by Stacey Shubitz, the TWT Welcome Wagon Committee, this community of writers, the opportunity to connect with educators from afar, and the commitment to continue friendships throughout the year. The end of the annual Slice of Life Challenge is here but the writing continues. 


invite you to the debut of my Winter Wonder Gallery that will be unveiled before the strike of midnight. The teaser to the gallery can be accessed hereWithin the gallery walls, a story of the wonders of winter unfolds in between poetic expressions, digital inspirations, nature photography, and musical compositions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment