Saturday, April 8, 2017

Morning's Healing Graces

"Be willing to be a beginner every single morning."

-Meister Eckhart


In the grand scheme of life, morning opens each day to new possibilities. If we listen, learn, and live in the spirit of humanKIND, we can appreciate all that life offers. It is with anticipation of the joyous feast of Easter that I dedicate this #poetrylisciouspoetry post to morning's healing graces. 


Yesterday, I wrote after observing the opening of the sky to start the day. Today, I continue the practice of noticing the beauty of early morning. From these observations, reflection and insights evolve. 


Rain pitter patters, splashing the roof.

A solitary bird sings out 

awakening the world to participate 

in the celebration of life.

Varied daybreak voices ring in support of spring.

Is it spring?  I gaze out to a patch of yellow

Popping with news of what is to come. 


*********************************
Morning has broken
Peace resides in a pillowed-sky,
Within the billowing clouds,
My thoughts pass by.
©Carol Varsalona, 2017


While I am still lingering over the #WinterWonder17 Gallery I released last week, my thoughts look ahead to spring. Please watch for messages about my upcoming invitation to my spring gallery of artistic expressions (soon-to-be announced).


The digitals and poems in this slice are part of my #poetrylisciouspoetry collection for National Poetry Month. 


I am joining the Poetry Friday Round-up that can be found at Irene Latham's site today to enjoy reading poetry during National Poetry Month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment