Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring Rain

When growing up, the song "April Showers" by Al Jolson always brought a smile. Looking back at this month's damp, rainy weather, the words, "Though April showers may come you way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May," remind me to remain positive. 


Read the following that I found as a introduction to the April shower lyrics: 
"Life is not a highway strewn with flowers.
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss
When the sun gives way to April showers."
The next line, "Here is the point you should never miss", leads into the song.

While driving on the Long Island highway this month, I took a photo of a gray day before the rain came, digitized it, and created a digital inspiration to reminding me of the wonder of nature.


Enjoy the clip of the movie version of Al Jolson's song.


Delight in the springtime weather, whether it is rainy, cloudy, or a sky filled with sunshine. I am looking forward to seeing the colors pop in my May garden, all due to April's showers. 

The above digital composition that I created is part of my #poetrylisciouspoetry project for National Poetry Month. It will be offered to Laura Purdie Salas for her #wonderbreak poetry project. Have a happy spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment