Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Celebrate Life

As spring was about to turn a corner,

one blossom rose-




                                              








a joyful sight.


Two hearts bonded-          

  a connection.

One infant slept-

                          
  peacefulness.

many voices soared-
                           
  joyful noise.




 











As you can see, I have been celebrating life since the birth of my grandbaby bundle of joy, Sierra Kathryn.


The poem above, included in a Victorian book, Lilies of the Valley, was sent to me last summer by my poet friend, Linda Baie. Little did she know last year that the cherub's smile would remind me of my June '17 newborn grandbaby.

*************
I turn my attention to two writing communities who celebrate the small moments of life with me each week: Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres and Two Writing Teachers, Slice of Life Tuesday.


 

This post is the 4th in the series chronicling the birth of Sierra Kathryn.

June 19th  -   New Life
June 22nd -  Grandmotherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment