Thursday, August 3, 2017

New Beginnings

Have you ever stood in the middle of a field of sunflowers? I did last weekend while in Virginia visiting my granddaughter. It was a unique experience. There were rows upon rows of glorious yellow blossoms. Onlookers gathered, oohing and aahing over the beauty. Photos clicked constantly. 

I found myself amazed by what I saw. A sunkissed moment came upon me. While gazing across the sunflower fields, I felt the magnitude of nature's hand. Joy, my one word chosen in January, filled the air. A feeling of peace and contentment arose and I realized that I am a journeyer of life, choosing a path to finding joy. Have I succeeded this year in allowing joy to guide my travels?

I turn to my 2017 creed that I created for a mid-year check-in.
With a genuine spirit of wonderlust, I shall notice and wonder more about the ordinary, the commonplace, and the small things in life, seek joy daily, and share thoughts and feelings on positivity. By searching for joy, I hope to send it out into the world as a reminder that a "joyful heart is good medicine..."(Proverbs 17:22)
Beyond the great expanse
of poised sunflowers,
saluting the sun,
opportunity lies.
Joy exists.
©CV, 2017



a new chapter
new beginnings
a journey of faith-filled forevers

This month the Spiritual Journey first Thursday community under the leadership of Irene Latham is hosted by Julieanne Harmatz at To Read To Write To Be. I am heading over there now to read through the various responses. Join me! 

In the meantime, I leave you with a photo of my sunflower grandbaby, Sierra Kathryn, that brings immense joy to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment