Wednesday, March 14, 2018

March Musings Day 14: Dream Big

Thanks Alyssa H. for creating 
this inspiration poster.
My dreams tug at my heart. They are my longings, the urgings of my soul, and the guiding lights on the road to owning my brave
"To me, #brave means being and bringing my best, most confident, authentic, and powerful self to whatever situations I face. Inherent in that is constructive action and full responsibility." - Kimberly Davis
My dreams follow me from morning to night. They may not be totally actualized YET but they are worthy of my pursuit.


Line lifted to create a golden shovel poem* 
based on Langston Hughes' line from Dreams
"Hold fast to dreams."

In the rush to hold
my hurried life in the fast
lane, I sometimes forget to
slow down to reach my dreams.
©CVarsalona, 2018

************

Seasonal Advice to Self

Hold fast to dreams,
Floating high 
Like kites of summer
Seeking to fly.

Hold fast to my dreams.
Never letting go
Realizing hope
Is tucked in snow.
©CVarsalona, 2018


************

I Can Statements for Constructive Action:  

I can own my brave.
I can continue to dream big one step at a time.
I can give thanks for each actualization of my dreams.

 
Day 14 of Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Story Challenge

*Golden Shovel Poem How To: Lift a line from a poem. Turn that line into a golden shovel poem.  That is done by lining up the words of the original line in the right column, one word at a time, and create a new line ending in each word. If the borrowed line, called a striking line, is five words long, you will end up with a five line poem. If it is 7 words long, you would end up with a seven line poem, and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment