Thursday, May 3, 2018

Special Day - SJ1stT

My recollection of special days dates back to my early childhood when family gathered around my Nonnie's table. The fragrant smell of basil simmering in sauce, fried meatball delicacies, and Italian cookies with lemon frosting floated in from the kitchen. A birthday cake with a shining candle waited for a little birthday girl to blow out. There was laughter, happiness and always a prayer to be thankful for the parade of food and the family gathered together. 

"You observe days and months and seasons and years!
Galatians 4:10


Each year, birthdays are celebrated with great festivity, honoring a long-standing family tradition. We often hear the story of my husband's father who was awarded an extra meatball on his birthday. We think how grateful we are for the years we have spent together, and we delight in the birthdays yet to come. Last year, I was able to celebrate my birthday and blow out the candle with my grandbaby. This year, we celebrate her first birthday as a new member of the family's traditional special day celebration. 
🎂
Each family member's special day is a great blessing that I am thankful for so I shall remember to "Take delight in the Lord, for He will give you the desires of your heart."
-Psalm 37:2-14
***
Violet Nesdoly, an amazing Bible journalist and host of Spiritual Journey first Thursday, chose "Special Day" as her topic this month. 

Please join me at Violet's blog for our celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment